3.31.2010

Ruffle Tie Pillow!

Ruffles are in.
Ties are in.
Pillows too.
So-- I combined all three!

I recently acquired a surplus of TIES and thought about what I should do with them. Aside from selling a bunch on Etsy.. I still have some to craft with.
I probably chose a tie that was too thick for its own good.. and maybe the idea sounded better in my head. Oh well. It's done. and may show up in my shop in the next few days.

Started out with a tie. A pretty tie, actually a VERY pretty tie. (and thick). Anyhow and 2 pieces of fabric.. probably 10x8.. or so.
Then i went to town pinning down the ruffles ..
Pinning some more..
then sewed..
in a spiral shape of sorts..
And for extra support (or to hold the tie to the fabric.. ) I went all around and sewed a few stiches. back stiched.. and repeated.. (then snipped all of the excess string

Next, I sewed  the backing on. It looks fat, right? Because the ruffled tie is inside!
So flip. when you're done, but leave plenty of space for flipping, remember there is a bunched up tie inside!
Then for accessories, I chose 3 buttons. Gold buttons. :) of faux gold anyhow.

Hand stitched by yours truly.
Stuffed it with some left over stuffing.
Stitch it together, oh, so carefully (try to make it look invisible!)
And. Viola! It's done :)
See, it's pretty small. but next to some brown pillows.. or white. or gold. It makes a fun accent pillow.


and. when I finished the mail man arrived. In it was my "Disney" --not the channel-- jewelry kit.. and ring!!!
(I got the dark brown wire.. and LOVE it!!)
:). If you want anything from her site she's got a 50% off sale now!! So go check out joymadejewelry.etsy.com/ and snatch up some awesome deals!!!

enjoy.


Joji

No comments:

Post a Comment