3.30.2010

Graduation: Party planning -- Making the favors!

So graduation is coming. In 5 weeks I'll be crossing the stage, receiving my diploma. It's been a long road, but at the age of 19, getting a bachelors degree is quite an amazing testimony to God's grace and provision.

- We wanna celebrate. Along with 3 friends, we're gonna paint the park red.. or vintage, or something and celebrate with loved ones-- friends and family from across the states!

Our theme is Brown paper/ and summer/spring colors.

--if anyone has sweet ideas, please let me know! We have some things in store :) Pendants galore. Fun memories from school. Pictures. Life. And sharing what God's done in our lives through these years!!

For the favors, we took scrapbooking paper. and LOTS of it-- to make envelop packets.. I think we made the pieces something like 4x6? maybe larger, maybe smaller. depends on what you wanna do!
Folded them all in half
and made little card stock cards with a grad cap -- saying Thanks :)

Then we combined the two! by Sewing :)-- we sewed around the perimeter and left about 1-1.5 inches open so we can fill them with sweets!

Finished they look like:
(we're not putting in the sweets til closer to the party but when they're full we'll clothes pin them to a metal grid :)

multiply that by like 150 and you've got our project! 
It's done. It took an evening and a morning.. not too bad for some personalized favors.. (unfortunately they'll probably be ripped up in no time by hungry little ones..)
Oh well! They're super cute :)

Next: working on the invites!!

**thanks to Linz for helping with this project!! you rock.


-Joji

4 comments:

  1. Oh, those are cute! What a good idea...you've got a lot of work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! My son is graduating from HS this year and I haven't even begun this kind of stuff so Kudos to you! One of my favorite decorations at my other childrens grad parties was to put pictures on the tables instead of just a picture board. It makes for good conversation starters for people who don't know eachother. Congrats on you Bachelors and at 19... well that's AMAZING! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! That would be a great favor for any party. And congratulations on graduating at 19 - that is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back! I am proud to be your first follower, I know many more are on their way! I just read your post on your Grandmother... too funny! You are both blessed to have one another. I'll be back soon to see more of your creations and read more stories, Theresa

    ReplyDelete